Data Security and Privacy Statement
1. General Handling of Personal Data
GlobalizeMe is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected according to applicable GDPR legislation. If you provide information by which you can be identified (as a customer, as a supplier or in any other role), then you can be assured that it will always be handled in accordance with this privacy statement and the principles of the GDPR legislation.
We process your data
as permitted for the following legal purposes:
- To fullfil a supplier or customer agreement that we entered into with you as a client, vendor or partner;
- To provide the (information) services that you request through any channel, including but not limited to our websites (see specific website clauses further below).
- To meet legal the legal demands of a government agency where such demands apply to your data.
Grounds for processing of personal data:
Data will be processed if this is necessary for:
– performance of a contract;
– compliance with a legal obligation.
If because of an absence of the above grounds, explicit consent of you is needed, unless processing will be necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller (GlobalizeMe) or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, this explicit consent will be obtained from you (e.g. written consent or through a cookie acceptance request) before any processing takes place.
In practice this means
- We will never process any data for any other purpose than the purpose that has been stated, unless that other purpose is a legally acceptable continuation of the original purpose;
- We wil never collect and/or process more data than is strictly necessary in order to fulfill an agreement or on other grounds that are deemed acceptable and applicable by GDPR legislation;
- We will always adequately protect your data according to the latest standards and using state-of-the-art technology;
- We will take all organizational and logical measures that are required to protect your data;
- We will not hold your data longer than is required to fulfill an agreement with you, to provide you with the services or information you request or on other grounds that are deemed acceptable and applicable by GDPR legislation;
- All of our employees and contractors have signed a confidentiality agreement which prohibits the disclosure of any confidential information (including personal data) and which imposes sanctions in case of violations;
- We will never accept personal data from third parties and/or provide information to third parties, unless this party is a government agency that has the legal right to demand these data or unless you have given your consent for such a data transfer;
- We will inform the data subject in advance if personal data need to be provided to a government agency which has the legal right to demand such a transfer;
- We will never store your data outside the European Economic Area.
Note that you may contact us at any time – by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org – in order to exercise your rights as a data subject under GDPR legislation, i.e.:
- the right of access and/or inrformation;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure (the “right to be
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object.
For more information
about your legal rights, please go to https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
We will respond to all enquiries within 7
GlobalizeMe may change this policy from
time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to
time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective
from May 25th 2018.
2. Additional Terms Regarding the Handling of Personal Data Provided through GlobalizeMe Websites
Apart from the general data protection
measures mentioned above, the following procedures are applied to the way we
collect data through GlobalizeMe websites (website with a globalizeme.com main
The ways in which we collect data may
include but are not limited to:
- The processing of data that you enter in
a contact form or through another tool that is available on any GlobalizeMe
- Through cookies or other web
we do with the information we gather
We require this information to: :
- provide your with the information or service you’re requesting through a contact form or through other tools on a GlobalizeMe website;
- periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, unless you indicate you no longer desire such information;
- contact you from time to time for market research purposes, unless you indicate you no longer wish us to do so;
to other websites
Our campaigns may contain links to websites of interest. However, once you have used these links, you should note that we do not have any control over any websites that are not GlobalizeMe owned. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time and contact us to have the change implemented.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- to recognise you whenever you visit this
- to speed up access to this website (so
you do not have to log on each time)
- to store your personal preferences
- to better target our marketing and
The following cookies are used on this
- Google Analytics Cookies: We use Google Analytics cookies to track your behaviour on this site. The data sent to Google Analytics can be managed by us via the Google Analytics management console.
- Server Session Cookies: Our application server will plant an anonymous cookie on your machine to keep track of your PHP session.
- Cloudflare: the Cloudflare CDN will plant an anonymous cookie to help manage your session whilst using this site.
- Jpanel Sliders: our menu system will plant anonymous cookies on this site to help remember where you were in our menu system.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. Moreover you will be asked if you accept cookies when you open a GlobalizeMe website. If you reject cookies, you may lose some of the functionality of this website
information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org